How to Walk in Expectation
Expectation is simply looking for something you desire daily. It’s the mindset that it can happen any time or any day now. Expectation is walking by faith and not by your physical sight or what you think or feel (II Corinthians 5:7). For example, when you wake up in the morning you look for great things to happen. You are waiting for God to show up in a big way just like a child waits for Santa at Christmas or excitingly awaits what his or her parents promised without wavering.
When you walk in expectation you ignite your faith. Walking in expectation is saying, “God, I trust you and know that you will give me the desires of my heart and I am looking for it!”
Expecting great things to happen in your life brings miracles, favor, blessings, divine connections, and hope. What are you expecting?
Here are 7 Tips on How-to walk-in Expectation:
- Wake up in the morning thanking God for his goodness, benefits, and love towards you.
- Pray in the Spirit. Pray in faith.
- Praise God for the plans He has for your life (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Cast down thoughts of doubt and unbelief (II Corinthians 10:5)
- Speak life over your situation, business, job, or ministry. For example: “Father God, I thank you for blessing my business. Lord Jesus, I am so excited about what you are going to do next. I thank you in advance for the overflow in Jesus’s name!”
- Believe God and walk by faith. Faith is action. Stop procrastinating and take the next step toward your goal and expect God to work it out. All you must do is show up!
- Decree your victory. The bible says, “But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (I Corinthians 15:57)
It’s already done. It can happen suddenly. Walk with this mindset from now on!