HOW TO INVEST IN YOURSELF
Although I love investing in others, I must be sure to invest in myself. Are you the one who always listens to people’s problems, are always volunteering, go above and beyond or the extra mile just to help someone? If so, this blog post is for you. There is nothing wrong with helping others, but it is important to invest in yourself. When you invest in yourself you are better equipped to invest in others. These 12 tips below will help you invest in yourself and keep you from burnout.
- Meditate on God’s word and pray daily. Set time aside to do this.
- Exercise and tone your body.
- Find ways to improve yourself through education and self-development.
- Read a good book.
- Change your mind set about money.
- Learn to say no. Stop trying to help everyone at the expense of yourself.
- Take care of your mental health, seek counseling if needed.
- Improve your image – this can be changing your hair, your clothing style, or just the way you view yourself. Know that you are uniquely beautiful and chosen for purpose.
- Write out your goals and work on them –one at a time so you do not become overwhelmed.
- Forgive yourself, don’t beat yourself up with regrets. It is not good for you mentally. Instead acknowledge your faults, shortcomings, past mistakes and missed opportunities. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
- Invest in income producing assets such as real estate, stocks, and bonds.
- Develop your vocabulary and speech.
Here are 2 powerful quotes from some successful people to get you motivated towards investing in yourself:
“Invest in as much of yourself as you can. You are your own biggest asset by far.” – Warren Buffett
“Recessions are the best time to start a company. Companies fail. Others hold back capital. If you are willing to do the preparation and work, it is the best time to invest in yourself and start a business.” – Mark Cuban
Need a little more motivation, check out my blog post, “23 Powerful Affirmations for Women” at www.lydianance.com.