HOW TO HAVE HAPPINESS, JOY AND PEACE
Did you know that happiness is a state of mind? Yes. I strongly believe that you create your own happiness. Well, what is happiness? Happiness is a state of mind of inward joy, contentment, and fulfillment. I believe that you can create your own happiness by (1) Changing how you think and perceive your circumstances (2) Not allowing people to allowing people to affect you by what they say or do, and (3) Being okay where you are in life with the knowledge that things will change for you. In other words, it won’t always be this way.
Joy is an inward spiritual fulfillment that comes from God. Joy is produced in our life when we experience God’s goodness and trust and know that no matter our circumstances, He is with us and will work out every problem we have. “ Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” (I Peter 5:7). Remember that the joy of the Lord is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10).
There were times when I had no peace in my life. My mind was filled with worry and concern. I constantly thought about how I would solve my own problems. I had just divorced and lost my job, and the bills were still rolling in. I was so worried and depressed that eventually I had an anxiety attack and lost the ability to speak. It wasn’t until I gave my problems and concerns to God in prayer, kept my mind on His Word and Kingdom things that I was completely restored and had peace of mind.
Here are 5 tips on how to have happiness, peace, and joy:
- Cast your cares on Father God in prayer. Tell him about how you feel, your hurts, needs, and desires. After all, He knows how to get you there.
- Get busy doing Kingdom Work – visiting the nursing home, feeding the hungry, praying for others, giving to worthy causes, and visiting those who are imprisoned. In other words, get busy with your assignment.
- Keep your mind on God. Isaiah 26:3, says, “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.”
- Take a walk in the park, drink your favorite beverage at a peaceful place, or just step outside on your porch early in the morning when the sun is rising. Rest your mind and think about good things. Check out this scripture: “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)
- Don’t forget to laugh. Laughter is good for the soul. There have been times when I felt down but then something funny happened or was said and I laughed and laughed, but afterwards I felt much better.
I challenge you to implement these strategies for your happiness, peace and joy. For more motivation, visit my website at www.lydianance.com.