When God put in my spirit to move to Memphis all the way from New York fear gripped me. God showed me that he would bless me there.
I was young and my mother had just passed away. To top it all off, I had no money and hardly any close family in Memphis, Tennessee area. I didn’t know God like I know him now. This was definitely new territory for me. The culture was different, the climate was different, the people were different, and I was unfamiliar with the area. Additionally, moving from Memphis would take me from my family and my friends but I knew what God had spoken in my spirit. I started meditating on the Word of God more and more until I was able to put faith over fear.
New territory is advancing from one level to the next to possess what God promised you in His Word – from healing to prosperity. It is doing something that you have never done before. New territory is also breaking barriers. In other words, destroying what is holding you back from obtaining your goals and achieving your dreams.
When we are fearful it stops us from moving forward with our dreams and what God has promised us. Just think about the opportunities you missed, the books you didn’t write, the dreams you placed on the back burner, and the business you didn’t pursue all because of fear.
Don’t run from what God is calling you to or from but Face Everything And Rise!
Here are five (5) empowerment tips and scriptures to conquer your fear and help you enter new territory:
- Cast Away Fear – II Timothy 1:7 – For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. With God all things are possible. He will take you through the fire and lead you where you should go. He holds the future and has your best interest at heart. If God leads you into new territory, he will be there to guide as he did for Abraham.
- Get Rid of Small Thinking and Renew Your Mind – Romans 12:2 – And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. You need to understand that God is a big God! He can do above and beyond what we think. So get your thinking right and think bigger. After all it is God’s ability not yours.
- Build your Faith and Trust God – II Corinthians 5:7 – For we walk by faith, not by sight. You have to see beyond the horizon by faith.
- Prayer. I Thessalonians 5:17-18 – Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Obey His Voice – I Samuel 15:22 – And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. It’s important to obey God’s voice even when it’s difficult to.
Listen, walking in new territory is not always easy. There are obstacles, giants, resistance, and uncertainty. Additionally, it may require you releasing some people who are not going where God has commissioned you to. It wasn’t until Abraham released Lot that God showed him all that he had for Abraham. Who’s holding you up?
I pray that in this season, God’s divine release will be upon you, establishing you on this new path. So, forge ahead with unwavering faith, conquering fear and trampling the obstacles under your feet. Faith shall triumph over fear!
If you want more encouragement and faith building empowerment visit my website at www.lydianance.com.